Monday, August 01, 2005

An Opinionated Girl

Yesterday we returned from the Jersey shore where we met Aunt Ingrid for a mini vacation. It was Calabasa's first trip to the ocean and probably my last trip out of state for the remainder of the pregnancy. I am feeling really good for the time being. We went out to eat last night, and someone offered me his chair while we waited. It was the first time a stranger acknowledged that I was pregnant which was really exciting. I am trying to enjoy this relatively easy phase while it lasts because I know that new challenges await in the third trimester (which begins next week).
We have made progress in the baby name department. We thought that we had narrowed the choices to two, but we reconsidered a couple of names, and now we are officially considering four names. I'm not sure that we will narrow it any further before the baby comes. Hopefully, we will know the name when we see her.
I have been feeling a little more kicking lately. Her timing with kicking is often comical and seems as if she is trying to communicate with us. Yesterday she kicked me while I was singing in the car. Her point was taken, and after I stopped singing, she didn't kick anymore. A girl letting her opinion known already - I love it!

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Four name possibilities??? I'm calling her Cali (short for Calabasa) until further notice. Who knows - I may call her that even after further notice....

Roger said...

Cali it is! I like it.

Anonymous said...

Well it seems daughter like mother