Friday, August 05, 2005

Bring Your Child to Work Day - Everyday

Although I have enjoyed being a lazy bum for the past month, alas, it must come to an end. I accepted a position as the Cottage Director of the Young School Early Childhood Program. It is a strange title, I know. I don't know why job titles can't be straightforward in Early Childhood Education programs, but it seems that they never are. Basically, I am supervising the preschool classrooms at the school (they also have infant and toddler rooms). The Young School has 4 Early Childhood Centers in different locations, and I am hoping to become involved in curriculum development/implementation for all the centers. It is a great school, and I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter in my career. Probably the best part of the job, however, is that I will be able to take Cali (the nickname for the baby decided upon by Ingrid) to work with me. While she is in the infant room, I will be working with the preschool rooms. Best of all is that childcare is free for management staff (yee hah!)
Yesterday we (by we I mean Carl and his friend) took the futon out of the guest-bedroom-turned-nursery and moved it to the study downstairs. This means that we (by we I mean Carl) will be able to set up the crib in the nursery this weekend. Once the crib is set up, I will take pictures of the nursery and post them on the blog (hopefully by early next week).

3 comments:

Roger said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the nursery...

Ingrid said...

Yay! Congratulations on the new job! That's awesome!!!!

But I think the title should be: "Bring Your Child to Work Day - Everyday, Except When Aunt Ingrid is in Town and Will Be Too Busy Doting On Cali For Her To Go To Work With Mom."

Guess it's kind of long....

Anonymous said...

Well, this is a sad day...you giving up your daily lounging, but I'm happy that you have found such an accomodating job. Please let us know when you (and by you I mean Carl) has finished the nursery...we're dying to see it!
LYLAS