Saturday, May 05, 2012

Laundry room makeover

The laundry room: one big, messy closet
Yucky shelves removed
New paint job - thanks to my ever-patient and understanding husband
My updated and oh-so-me laundry room

The most exciting part of any project (and the thing that always makes me question why I did not do this sooner) is using things that we had around already. We found the cabinet downstairs. I think the previous owners may have ordered too many or changed their mind when ordering the kitchen cabinets?? So I painted it white and added the knobs, and my dad hung it for us. I also found an old mirror and painted that white and hung it. I had the baskets and added some leftover ribbon from a previous project. The candlesticks were gifts from Carl's grandparents and needed a home when not in use. Then we used picture frames from my sister and Carl's sister to display two of my very favorite pictures. All in all, I'm happy with the way it came together. Thanks to my dad who also hung the new light fixture and fixed/reattached the closet door across from the washer & dryer. Thank goodness for dads who know their stuff!

3 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

Kath, this looks awesome! Way to go!

Kellys said...

Looks great!

Tori said...

oh my gosh, adorable! Not that I expect anything less!