Friday, March 02, 2012

Our little bean

I realize that I have not posted nearly enough pictures of Emilia. She is an amazing baby, and we feel so lucky to have her in our lives. Since we know that she is our last, it makes me want to hold her a little longer and squeeze her a little tighter every day.

We took Emilia to her 4-month appointment, and her measurements are 13 lbs. 4 oz. and 25 in. Her height is in the 70th percentile and is exactly the same as Lily's was at this age. Her weight is in the 35th percentile. This was a little concerning to us since I don't think any of the kids have been under the 50th percentile for weight or height ever. Lily was 13 lbs. 14 oz. at 4 months which put her at the 50th percentile. It's good to know that there is only a 10-ounce difference between the two, but I suppose 10 ounces means a little more when you're just over 13 pounds. Emilia's pediatrician said that we will just check her at her 6-month appointment. As long as she doesn't drop further in percentile, it's fine.

We did get the go-ahead for starting baby food, but I'm going to wait on that for a little while. With Lily and William, it was very obvious when they were ready for solids. They both started being a bit crankier between feedings and wanted to feed more often. William also started drooling like nobody's business and chomping on his hand. For Lily, we started solids sometime in the 5th month, and for William, it was right at 4 months. I have not gotten any indication from Emilia that she needs to start solids yet. We have done well thusfar to follow her lead, so I'm going to continue that trend and let her tell us when she's ready. I'm sure that it won't be long. And, I'm fully prepared to start making baby food with a new steamer/food processor that I got from Carl's mom & sister as an early birthday gift. Yay! Thanks so much guys! And here are a few pictures of our little bean....



Mommy learned a new skill - making baby headbands - thanks to the WUMCHA Craft Club!


Happy, happy baby!

1 comment:

Aunt Angela said...

Presh!