Thursday, March 01, 2012

My little pretties

They say that you should never compare your children. Each child is unique, has their own interests and talents, and develops according to their own timeline. Well, sorry "they". I cannot resist the urge to compare the kids, and they will probably be forever burdened with their mom comparing their physical attributes, actions, behavior, language, milestones, and any other aspect of development you can think of. And if that make me the evil witch mom, so be it. But, my favorite thing to compare is pictures of them from around the same age with the same clothes, using the same toys, etc. It is a trip down memory lane that I happily travel. It never ceases to amaze me that the days can sometimes feel so long while the years seem to fly by. And in all this time spent together, I feel confident that the comparisons between siblings are mild offenses compared to the numerous other things I've done that will surely land them in therapy one day.


Lily in the exersaucer - around 6 months

William in the exersaucer - around 5 months

Emilia in the exersaucer - 4 months

William in the exersaucer just this morning. Geesh.

Lily wearing white hat - 3 months

Emilia wearing white hat - 4 months

Lily with giraffe - almost 2

William with giraffe - 2 yrs. 4 months

Lily with elephant - almost 2

William with elephant - 2 yrs. 4 months

William in the swing today

Emilia in the swing today!

1 comment:

Aunt Angela said...

I love seeing this as well! And what's wrong with comparing anyways! It's not as if one is better than the other, you are simply comparing similarities and differences. I love it and will do it as a mother one day as well :)