Thursday, January 19, 2012

William's ways

I had several moms tell me that my stories and posts about William make them feel better about their own little ones and make them think that maybe their kids aren't so bad after all. Well ladies, this post is for you. Prepare to feel a whole lot better.


Quite honestly, things like sitting on the table hardly phase me anymore. Sometimes I truly don't even notice it because it is such a minor offense, relatively speaking. William has recently taken to climbing onto the air hockey table. This I don't like because it is much more unstable, and he has the chance of hurting himself or breaking the table, most likely both.

It seems that Emilia is the sun to William and that there is a gravitational pull toward her. He just can't seem to leave her alone. When William wakes up in the morning, he inevitably goes into her room and attempts to climb into the crib with her. Fifty percent of the time he gets in the crib before I can stop him. When he does get in, he is always curled up next to her saying, "Hi, baby" over and over again. Most of the time William is quite gentle with her. However, today he got into the swing with her in it and also sat on her in the bouncy seat. You may wonder how he is able to do these things with me watching. I can't explain how fast he is or how constant his indiscretions are. The other day we had a playdate with friends and within 2 minutes of us entering the house, he had found the side door, unlocked it and was on his way out. It's really too bad that I can't drink right now.

When I leave and re-enter the bathroom during bath time, it is always a game of where in the room is William. For some reason, this is William's favorite time to challenge me. As you can see above, he goes into the sink, but also can be found standing on the side of the tub, or in the shower, and a new one just yesterday: soaking his feet in the toilet. Lovely.

I promise that I really do try to keep him entertained in other ways during the day. One of his absolute favorite activities is playing with this homemade "cloud dough" and his construction trucks.

Terra, however, is not amused.

I've been trying to do some more educational activities too. His language has really taken off in the past few weeks, and he seems to be adding several words each day. This makes it so much easier to work on concepts like shapes and colors, etc. (And I did make him get out of this "W" sit, Ang.) We also did some push-ups today to burn energy. I will try to get a video of this because it is hilarious...and William's push-ups are pretty funny too.

This is a completely gratuitous picture of my lovely Lily

Ditto for my sweet baby Emmy
So I survived to tell the tale, and to think, we get to do it all again tomorrow...

3 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

1. He is hilarious. I'm an so impressed with your ability to keep up with him.

2. Thank you for addressing the W sitting because I was definitely going to comment about it.

3. Emilia's eyes are mesmerizing in this picture. Cannot wait to see her next weekend!

Tori said...

I think its so sweet he's so in love with Emmy. Sophia was too with Leo when he was a baby and they are still so loving of each other. It is adorable and one of the benefits of having them so close.

Tori said...

I think its so sweet he's so in love with Emmy. Sophia was too with Leo when he was a baby and they are still so loving of each other. It is adorable and one of the benefits of having them so close.