Thursday, September 08, 2011

Labor Day

On Sunday, we went to my mom & dad's cabin (now with partially complete pole barn!). It was a perfect day with perfect weather. For some reason, in my pregnant state, I have not been very good with making decisions lately. So, sorry in advance for the vast number of pictures in this post!
The watermelon ceremony

In the loft of the cabin


Jeff and family




Tim's rocket show was a big, big hit
Hike on the property
The bonfire
Who says you can't be stylish while fishing?
Carl tried to help me, but there was just no hope of me catching a fish that day.



Everyone else, including my 22-month-old son, caught a fish that day.

Jeff snags dinner for everyone.
Carl spotted a copperhead snake in the pond (yes, that would be the poisonous kind). Of course, it was his mission thereafter to catch and kill it which he did successfully (luckily without injury). His hunt and kill tactics is a post unto itself.
My first lattice-work blackberry pie
A surprise shower! This is the same saying that was on a cake for my mom when her family gave her a shower when she was pregnant with me. Incidentally, my mom is also the third-born in her family.
My little helper
A grow-with-me snuggie for the baby - love it!
Mary with her dog, Sandy. My brother's dog, Oscar, can also be seen in the background.
Angela with all the grandkids
Mom with all the grandkids

2 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

That was such a wonderful weekend. A lot of memories were made that weekend.

Tori said...

Watch it Kathleen or you'll turn into me with all these pictures in your posts! ;) Looks like fun though!!