Thursday, September 08, 2011

As stated in the Labor Day post, Carl's calculated assault against the poisonous copperhead snake he spotted in the pond is a post unto itself....so here it is. Carl initially spotted the snake but did not have a tool handy to catch and kill it. So my dad & Carl rigged up a spear by attaching a large knife to a wooden stick. Carl then monitored the area carefully and snagged the snake in the water when the opportunity arose, bringing it on land for its final minutes of life. What happened after that can only be fully appreciated if you envision the scene in "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson in which he is freeing his son from captivity and uses his tomahawk to REALLY make sure his enemy was eliminated. From my vantage point, the only thing I could see was large, sweeping hacking motions from Carl and bits of mud and snake pieces flying up all around him. It was truly a sight to behold, and it makes me laugh every time I think of it.

The decapitated head latches on to the stick.

Remains of the day

1 comment:

Kellys said...

My chest hurts from laughing so hard!