Saturday, July 09, 2011

A good week

We had a really fun week here at the Deetz household. On Wednesday, Lily had her cooking class which she really enjoys. The cooking class is held within one of our grocery stores and lasts one hour. The kids make and eat lunch, and I usually go grocery shopping with William. Not a bad deal, but this time was even better because grandma came along and took William while I shopped in peace. A girl could get used to that! I had my doctor's appointment after Lily's class which included my glucose test, and I passed!! I'm very happy that there was no negative or even borderline results. I already know that I will have to monitor my blood pressure at the end, meaning a reduced sodium diet which would make a low carb diet even harder.





On Thursday we had a car appointment which ended up lasting 2 1/2 hours! The kids were so, so good. Thank goodness for playrooms, free popcorn, and cartoons! They were so cute in this little car, with their popcorn, they looked like they were at a drive-in theater. We rounded out the week on Friday with a park playdate with my high school friends, and Lily and I have a date tonight to see The Little Mermaid at the Muny. I think I'm more excited about it than she is! :)



I have also been trying out some new recipes this week. (No surprise there.) However, these recipes have been fairly simple and fast, and I have been very happy with the results. This was especially good because Carl worked late nearly every night last week so we were on our own for the dinner, bath, bedtime routine. The menu this week included Asian porkchops with steamed edamame on Wednesday, shrimp soft tacos and Mexican corn on the cob on Thursday, broiled portebello mushroom sandwiches on Friday, and grilled genova salame with fontina cheese and pepperocini panini sandwiches today. Every meal was so fast and tasty - perfect for summer.







No comments: