Sunday, July 10, 2011

Girls night out

Lily and I had a date night last night. We went to see The Little Mermaid at the Muny. It was a great evening. Since the Muny is an outdoor theater (the nation's largest, by the way) and operates only in the summer, you never know if you are going to get a hot, sticky night or if it is going to rain. But the weather cooperated - warm with a little breeze. I'll take it!



Before the show, we enjoyed a dinner together in the Muny's pavilion restaurant. They had a special children's buffet set up for all the little ones going to see The Little Mermaid. As usual, Lily won the hearts of those around us, and the waitress actually brought over her manager to make over Lily.



After dinner, pre-show picture in front of the fountain.


Lily was very excited to see Ariel and really did a great job at the show, especially considering that the show starts at 8:15. It was nearly 11:00 by the time the show ended, and she was a little crabby on the walk back to the car. This is WAY past her bedtime, so I can't entirely blame her. She passed out in the car in about 60 seconds on the way home. Overall, it was really great night. As she gets older, I really enjoy one-on-one experiences like these. I know that Carl has also been enjoying his weekend walks with Lily while William naps and I work on some grading for my classes. I just can't say enough about how much we enjoy this little girl!!




No comments: