Thursday, June 16, 2011

William's Big Boy Room








So, okay, technically William does not need a big boy room until we move him from the nursery which will be in September sometime, but does it hurt to be prepared? And could I stop myself from obsessing about a decorating project anyway? The answer to both is no. So why not just get the room done so I don't have to obsess for 3 more months? I will still probably add just a few more finishing touches, but for all practical purposes, William's room is done.


We obviously went with a safari theme, and so far William loves it. He loves to point to every animal on the wall so I will name them (several times in a row); then he will move on to the sheets so I can name those animals as well. Both he and Lily have enjoyed bouncing and snuggling on the bed. A big thanks to my mom and dad who picked up the bed for us and to Carl and dad who put the bed together while my mom, Lily, William and I went for frozen yogurt! :)


I'm nervous about the move to the big boy room because William is such a fantastic sleeper, and I'm afraid of changes that may occur when moving to the twin bed, but there was not much of an option there. I'm not going to buy another crib, only to have to switch him to a regular bed in less than a year. Also, he is so tall, and I'm afraid that he is eventually going to attempt to get out of his crib. I'm kind of hoping that by having the room finished early, he will spend time in there and be comfortable with the new room before he actually moves into it. In my mind, this will help with the actual sleeping issue, but this is probably just a far-fetched hope.


Now that this task is largely completed, the next step will be dragging out and washing Lily's baby clothes. I plan to hang them in the closet of William's new room and then just switch them right before the baby arrives. Unlike the clothes Lily and William outgrow now, Lily's baby clothes were very neatly packed away and labeled according to size. I suppose this was the result of having only one child, but the early organization should help this next task considerably.


The next major project will not happen until September when we get the nursery ready for little baby girl. Of course, the bedding a wall decorations have been picked out, but we will be waiting to purchase those.


One final note...in terms of names for the baby, we've narrowed it down to a few strong contenders. Once we decide, the name game will begin!!


3 comments:

Loretta said...

Great job on the room and planning ahead. I'm sure you have alot more energy now,than you will in three months.

Tori said...

Love the new room! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you about the sleeping issues.

The kids and I are happy to road trip it to you if you need some help with the clothes or anything else!

Aunt Angela said...

It looks awesome! I'm excited to see it in person.