Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let the games begin!

So, I think we can go ahead with the first name clue. I'd say we are about 90% set on the name. With William and Lily, there was a lot of discussion and thought about choosing the right names. When I found out we were having a girl this time, the very first thing I thought of was this name, and every time I think of her, I automatically use this name. I've really tried to stay open to other options, but everything else just seems wrong. It really feels less like picking out a name and more like this just is her name. So, I think we can go ahead with clue #1 (which of course is going to be very non-specific)....

It is no secret that we like to look to our past and honor our families when naming our children. Lillian Meyer was named after my father's mother while William Oscar stems from Carl's dad's father and great-grandfather. So, as we plan for this baby to be the last addition to our family, we would like to honor both my mother's family and Carl's mother's family with the baby's first and middle names, respectively. However, this time, the specific names we chose are not found in either ancestry. Instead, these names pay tribute to the families in other ways - either by having the same meaning as someone's name in the family, being a derivative of a family name, or honoring the heritages (Italian and/or Irish names). I know this is vague, but it is only the first clue!

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

I vote for Ireland Eleanor. :-)

Aunt Angela said...

Oh I'm getting really excited!!!