Saturday, August 14, 2010

My little baby Deetz

Today we had a great Cooking Club gathering. Great food, great people, great times. (Thank you to Carl who willingly volunteered to help clean the house and grill the meats (so manly) for the get-together - he always goes along with my crazy ideas, and I love him for it.) We had seven families attend and had a total of 12 kids scampering through the house! Needless to say, Lily had a grand time. There were a couple of babies William's age as well (both little girls). One of the babies waved good-bye as she left. We were all remarking how impressed we were by this skill at her age. I mentioned that William seemed to have no interest in such things and didn't seem to quite grasp the concept of bye-bye. So naturally, when other guests were leaving later, what does William do? Wave bye-bye - clear as day with a big grin on his face, as if to say, "Oh, yeah? You think I don't get it? Well, I'll show you!" So I stand corrected. And William shows his first sign of being a true Deetz - being underestimated was the only motivation he needed! ;)

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

You tell them, William!