Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First day of Pre-K

Today Lily had her first day of Pre-K at her zoned school. Carl and I were excited about this next step, and we really played it up. So it is hard to know whether her excitement for today came from within or she was just feeding off of us. Either way, she was happy all the way there and had only good things to say when I picked her up.

She got to wear her special first-day-of-school dress that she saved just for today. She picked out a new lunch bag to accommodate her cup for water at snack time (a good green idea - to have the kids bring their own reusable cups). She had picked out the snack that she wanted to bring days before (which was celery and carrots with ranch dip - something I'm quite sure that I never begged my mom to pack for me). She made sure that she had our family picture for her picture frame. She also brought along (snuck in) a special friend - a littlest pet figurine that she put in the bottom of her lunch bag.

Drop off was fairly uneventful. I got there a little early to pick her up, and she was on the playground playing in the sandbox with about 5 other little girls. She later told me that they were making "cakes", her favorite thing to do with sand. We had to teach William the song "The Wheels on the Bus" this afternoon, and I'm quite certain that William will be subjected to learning many new things this school year whether he wants to or not. Lily commented that she made two friends, a little girl named Claire and a little boy whose name she did not catch. Overall, it was a smooth day - aside from William not napping at all due to what we think is a cold, poor baby.

I'm really excited because we are back in school mode. Our days are structured, and I'm about a thousand times more productive. It is nice to feel on top of things again. I love new school years because it presents an opportunity for new beginnings - so far we are all off to a great start!


Lily's school is just a 10-minute walk away so we loaded up the sit and stand stroller (which I love, by the way) for our walk to school.


Thankfully today was a lot cooler than yesterday when we did our practice run (by cooler, I mean actually under 95 degrees). When we showed up today, no sweat! Whoo hoo!


This school girl is clearly no stranger to the camera and loves to ham it up!


Sweet girl

1 comment:

Tori said...

Sit and Stand you say...? We will have to chat about it...I'm in the market for a stroller.

Love, love, love the pics too! She is pretty adorable.