Sunday, July 18, 2010

1000th post

So here it is, folks - my 1,000th post. When I asked Carl what I should do for my 1,000th post, he said, "Why don't you post your top 10 favorite posts from the blog?" What a mistake! A mistake because then I had to do it...go through 5 years worth of posts (999 to be exact) to find my favorites. As you can imagine this is no small undertaking, but I did it. I scanned through every month of every year and came up with my top 12, and that will have to do because I do not want to exclude the last two.

A couple of notes: 1. These are my favorite posts, not my favorite pictures or my favorite videos (read: you will see a list of favorite pictures and videos from the past 5 years in the not-so-distant future). 2. To be honest, my favorite things to re-read from the blog are things that Lily has said and that Carl has said - the day-to-day interactions that keep me laughing and keep life fun. But, I really don't have the time right now to re-read all the "writing" posts. So, these posts are mainly pictures with some captions.

I hope everyone has enjoyed our blog over the past five years. When the idea was originally suggested to us by Roger and Nadine, I really did not know if this was something that I would keep up. And while there are certainly times when I'm more "into it" than other times, overall, I've really enjoyed this forum. I am grateful that we have had the ability to keep others connected to our family despite the distance between us and some of our family/friends. It has provided a way for others to feel like they know the kids even if they only see them once in a while. Also, I like that you can read it if your interested, but if not, you can easily avoid all the stories and pictures we think are so adorable (because they are, after all, our kids) by just not logging on to the blog. Also, this is a far, far more detailed baby book than I would have ever attempted to keep. I love that both Lily and William will have this record of their younger days, and might be able to appreciate, even to a small degree, just how much they are loved and what good times (and challenging times) we have shared as a family.

So, without further adieu, here are my top 12 picture posts:

12. Watch me grow!

11. What little boys are made of

10. Sleigh bells ring

9. The napping house

8. Playing with toys on the deck

7. Angela and Lily

6. Destined for greatness?

5. Our trip to the pumpkin farm in movie titles

4. Swagger wagon

3. Visit with Santa

2. Residents Picnic

1. Father's Day 2006 (technically two different posts but posted on the same day - click on Father's Day and then on 2006 to view both)

2 comments:

Mom said...

What wonderful memories and you do it so well!!! The children will enjoy these for years to come.

Aunt Angela said...

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty pumped that I'm in the top 12. No, but seriously, I love reading your blog. It definitely makes me feel like I am not missing the kids grow up.