Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family fun on V-Day in St. Joe

After visiting Tori on Friday (who was off to Seattle later that day), we headed to St. Joe to visit my sister, Suzanne, and her family. We didn't really plan to visit on Valentine's Day; it just worked out to the best timing for a trip. We had so, so much fun there, and it was truly one of my favorite Valentine's Day weekends ever. I told my sister (and I'm only half-kidding) that I'm going to vacation at their house every year. Even though my mom, dad, sister Anglea, me, Lily and Carl all descended upon their house at the same time, their 5-bedroom house easily accommodated us all. We were able to relax, laugh a lot and even do some redecorating (which we all loved) with every meal made by my mom and dad - no worries. The best kind of vacation, really.

Angela and mom with the girls in their matching outfits (provided by Grammy)


At the theater, before the play


The girls at intermission


Lily and Mary enjoying their M&M's


Mary with her mommy


Mary with one of the pirates in the play who also happens to be a judge that Suzanne works with (gotta love small towns!)


Lily and Mary with a not-so-scary Captain Hook

We were amazed at how well the girls held up during their first play, Peter Pan. I don't think that any of us expected that all of them would make it through the entire play, but they surprised us all! A great evening was had by all. Thanks, Suzanne, for the very fun experience!

2 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

Looks like great fun! I'm glad you had a chance to get out of town for a weekend and relax with your family! Very important to do, and hopefully you feel refreshed and rejuvenated upon your return! :) Lots of love!

Tori said...

LOVE the outfits...Grammy really has a knack for fashion! I was diappointed to see that Angela didn't have a matching outfit, but I guess she has to get married before those kids of hers can be part of the matching-mix! ;)