Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another edition of "Lily Says"

It's about that time again, wouldn't you say? Time for some more Lily quotes. She's come up with some real gems in the past few weeks, so without further adeiu...
  • One day, Lily was setting the table for a pretend party. I thanked her when she gave me my plate, and she responded, "It's my pleasure".
  • One evening, I was cooking dinner which included onions (as it very often does). Lily waked into the kitchen and announced, "It smells like onions in here. I don't like onions". I was talking on the phone to Ingrid at the time and when Lily got on the phone with Ingrid, Ingrid informed Lily that she does not like onions either to which Lily stated, "Well, if you don't like onions, then don't come to my house".
  • Lily came into the house with dirty socks after playing in the garage. Carl asked her to go back to the laundry room to take off her socks. Lily smiled and said, "Okay, but I love you, Mister".
  • And now for the winning quote of the past few weeks... We took Lily to see Sesame Street Live a couple of weeks ago. During intermission, Lily had to go to the bathroom. As is always the case at these events, the women's restroom had a line out the door while the men's restroom was virtually empty. So, Carl once again got stuck with the task of taking her to the restroom to avoid the lines. As Lily was wiping herself when she finished, a little piece of toilet paper got stuck. Lily thought this was very funny and while giggling, loudly announced, "Daddy, that doesn't go in there!" Poor Carl was mortified. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me about it.

2 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

These are absolutely terrific! You could write an entire book on Lily quotes! She seems to have Mr. Deetz kind of wrapped around her little finger, doesn't she? :) Great to read these!

Anonymous said...

Hahah these are great!