Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo...

Lily goes cruisin' with a new friend

Lily told me that this tree kangaroo looked sad. It's true, what could I say?


Lily took this picture of a mighty large snake. I know that it was luck, but I am a little bit humbled that a three-year-old can take pictures equal to my pictures.


Lily went to play in the stuffed animal area and identified the animal on top as a hyena and the one below as an iguana. I am not one to think of Lily as "advanced" (I have heard parents say this way too many times in the child care industry), but I will say I was impressed with this.


Lily and Jack playing with the birdseed and bird feeders. This was in a cute bird-themed area set up with a play birdbath and little beenie baby birds.

Q -Tees

Today Lily and I joined my friend, Molly, and her son, Jack, along with some of their friends at the zoo. We visited the children's zoo and then went into a fairly new playroom that they have for little ones. As with almost everything at the zoo, the children's room was: free, very nice, and had so many activities to explore that it will require several trips to actually see everything. I would estimate that she only saw about a third of the exhibits in the room. Overall, we had a really good time, and we look forward to returning for more indoor fun!

No comments: