Thursday, August 07, 2008

More lines from Lily

I'm not sure why I'm so amused by Lily's antics, but I just feel the need to share some of my comedic relief lately:
  • The other night, Lily called from another room, "Grown-ups....where are you?"
  • I was asking Lily about her friends at school, and she seems to be taken with a girl in her class named Riley. When I asked why she liked Riley so much, she responded, "Because she's cute." After laughing to myself, I tried to prompt her by saying, "And is she nice and fun to play with..." Lily wasn't so much interested in all that stuff, but she did tell me and others later that she loves Riley. So, she's become a stalker after 3 days, sweet.
  • You can learn so much about the climate of a school when kids play "school" at home. So far, I'm very happy. All comments that she makes to her pretend class at home are very positive. It has, however, led to her telling herself on many occasions, "Great idea!" As if she didn't think that she knew it all already.

No comments: