Friday, August 29, 2008

From the depths of mommy brain...

Ever since we moved, I've had moments of "mommy brain". It's mostly just small things that I forget. One day I went to the ATM and drove away without my card. When I realized my error, I went back immediately, but of course, the machine had sucked the card back in - gone forever. I had to order a new card which the woman said would be no problem, and then comes the dreaded...."Oh, you're from out of town...", tacking on an extra week or so before I could get my new card.

Then one day, I put Lily in her carseat and was all set to drive home when a little voice calls out, "mommmy, I'm not buuuckled". Not such a small error.

Other times I've gone grocery shopping and come home only to forget what I have just been doing, go about doing other things, and later realize I have not yet taken the groceries in from the car.

Today has to take the cake though, mostly because it was witnessed by at least one other person. I stopped by Schnucks to pick up a few items after working out. I only had two bags, so I gathered them up, put the cart back in the in-store corral, and was on my way, when for no apparent reason, I turned back with outstretched arm and pushed the door lock function on my keys, aimed right at the grocery cart. Unfortunately, a store clerk happened to be standing right there. He looked at me, then at the cart, and then back at me, clearly trying to make sense of what he just witnessed. I hate to tell him, there is just no making sense of that.

3 comments:

Kellys said...

That's hilarious! I laughed out loud. I am glad someone was there to witness it, and will probably be posting the same story on their own blog.

Ingrid said...

Best story I've heard in awhile. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised