Saturday, November 18, 2006

Birthday celebration with friends

Lily having a slice of birthday cake
I decided to make angelfood cupcakes for Lily's birthday party. However, I proceeded to burn all 24 cupcakes, and not just a little bit. It's probably generous to say that there was a 1 inch square of edible substance on each cupcake. Luckily, I had leftover batter and was able to do a very small cake and added the frosting and fresh raspberry topping to it. I think that Lily enjoyed the raspberries the most. She didn't seem all that interested in the cake, but that could be because she had just stuffed herself with a delectable combination of humus and Cheerios. Really, why did I bother baking at all?
The burnt cupcakes were just the topper to my morning. Naturally, I had a few errands to run in the morning, and one item on my list of things to purchase was a bottle of cleaner with bleach (requested by Carl, I might add). This bottle of cleaner (Clorox - be on the lookout) happened to magically come unscrewed and spill its contents into my trunk and all over the things I had just purchased. Really, sometimes you feel like this guy, having insult added to injury. However, everything turned out great, and we had a very lovely day.

Watch mom, I'll show you a great way to open presents

Oh mom, I'm just kidding. I know how to do it.

After party rest time
Notice Carl's contribution to "cleaning up" after - clearing the vegetable/cheese platter

No comments: