Friday, September 23, 2005

Family Updates

We had another doctor's appointment this week, and he says that everything is okay. The heart rate dropped slightly to 134 (from 145) but this is apparently normal in later pregnancy as the baby gets bigger. I am very glad to report that I have felt very little pain in my left side for the past couple of days. I am back to my normal self; I can now bend and lay in all positions again! We have another doctor's appointment on 10/4 (Roger's birthday) and after that, we will be seeing the good doctor every week.

Although not much has been going on with us, a lot has been going on with my family recently. Both my brother and his family and my sister and her family moved into new homes. Congratulations to them - I can't wait to visit!! My dad was recently bitten by a brown recluse spider and underwent surgery to remove the infected area. He is currently recovering at home with his nursemaid (my mother). Anyone who knows my dad knows that he is not one for resting on his laurels (even for brief periods of time) so our thoughts and prayers go out to my mother as well as my father.

Otherwise, Carl was in a minor fender bender this month which aggravated his lower back, and he has started physical therapy. He has only had a couple of sessions so far but we are hoping for good results. In a few more years maybe Angela (my little sister) will be able to help out with this situation but only if she starts studying for her GRE for the grad program in physical therapy (just a little push - it's my job as an older sister)! And that's all the news for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo right Kathleen, dad is hard to keep down. He does seem to be doing well, we go to the doctor tomorrow that will tell. Sorry to hear about Carl's back, he doesn't need anymore stress right now. Good luck to everyone!!!

Ingrid said...

Yikes! A brown recluse! I remember we were always concerned about them down in Carbondale. Hearing that makes me a little weary of getting in my shower with my good ol' spider friend who likes to hang out in there. Guess my philosophy of don't mess with them and they won't mess with you may not be true! Best wishes to your dad!

Roger said...

Damn, that sucks! Hope all goes well for him. <shivers>

Anonymous said...

yikes...so sad to hear about my favorite Frank falling ill. I hope Elanor is surviving too! I also was bit by a spider last week, but luckily I was only given antibiotics, not a surgical procedure. This just goes to show that Frank will spend his life trying to out-do me. :) Best wishes to all!