Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Cardinals' Home Opener

 Yesterday was the Cardinals' home opener.  As good citizens of Cardinal Nation, we had to celebrate the day.  Lily had a playdate so I made them some traditional ball park food and some fun food, like the rice krispies made to look like baseballs.  We had the game on and windows open while the kids enjoyed running all around inside and out, enjoying this beautiful weather.
 
 Popcorn and sugared nuts gave us some of the (good) smells of the ball park.
 
Funny faces under the banner.  We had a (very) disappointing finish to yesterday's game, but that will never deter these Cardinals fans.  We'll be rooting them on again today.  Go Cards!!

4 comments:

Mom said...

So cute Kathleen, you certainly have the spirit and a lot of imagination!

Angela said...

Very cute indeed! Remind me to do this for my kids, will you?!

Tori said...

Here is my caption for this picture:

Friend: OMG, Lily, your mom is crazy. No body ever goes this crazy for a small event like this in my house.

Lily: I know, it's so true. But it makes her happy, you know.

William: OMG, sugar, and popcorn and playdates and rice krispy treats!

Kathleen said...

Tori, I think you nailed it.