Friday, January 18, 2013

Hike #4: Castlewood State Park

One goal I have this year is to complete 52 hikes in 52 weeks.  So far, we are right on track.  I am loving this new family activity, and Lily has even asked if we are going to go on a hike this weekend (in anticipation, not dread)!  I even think Emmy gets a little excited when she sees the backpack, and little William with his little legs is the ultimate trooper.  Carl has always been fond of long walks and hikes, but I just didn't fully get it until now, and I'm hooked (on the hikes....I'm still not a big fan of long walks through town).  Another activity that I have always wanted to try is cross-country skiing.  I'm hoping that I get the chance to do it at least once this year.
 

 
 The initial uphill trek was worth it

 Watching the train below





 
 
 

3 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

What a fun family activity! Good for you guys!

Tori said...

I must admit, looking at all these pics (and happy faces) makes me want to try this tradition too. Charlie and I have been talking about ways to be more active and maybe this is the key!

How do you find your trails? Is there a website?

Kathleen said...

Tori, All of the trails we have done so far are super-close to us, but there are a ton of websites dedicated to hiking trails...you'll find lots by just googling it.