Friday, January 11, 2013

Centered

My name is Lily
and I like to play
all day
out in Mother Nature
hey

I needed Lily's spontaneous humor today to keep me focused on what is important.  Good thing she is always there to deliver.  This rap came at bedtime for no apparent reason and just made my day. 

It was beautiful outside (mid 60s) today which is both nice and a bit scary for January.  William, Emilia, and I spent leisurely time at the zoo to make the most of the weather.  Although I really love outings with friends (because, let's face it, I'm desperate for the adult conversation), I know that in the end, I am less stressed when it is just us because I'm not distracted and attempting to divide my attention.  I was able to follow William's whims which led us to spying on the birds in the pond, going on a bear hunt, interpreting conversations between the penguins, taking a carefree ride on the carousel and braving the tunnels on the train.  To top it off, I got the best parking spot ever...it's the little things that are sometimes not so little.

The zoo exploration trip served as personal therapy since emotions are running a bit high around here.  Okay, maybe it's just me.  Like a pendulum, I can swing back and forth from blissful to desperate and back again in a manner of seconds.  I sense the hesitation in Carl's voice when he calls from work as he tries to gauge my current emotional state....poor guy.  The job hunt has led us to options that have spanned from various Midwestern cities, to the pacific northwest, to northern territory, to overseas.  And it seems that more are added every day.  We had hopes of knowing our destination by the end of January, a hope that is quickly fading.  For those who are anxious to know our future destination, all I can say is you have no idea.  It takes everything in me to stay positive during this process.  My main guiding light through the murky waters of the unknown is those little beings.  Truly, they are the light of my life.  They test my limitations, but in their inevitably pure and innocent, perfectly imperfect way, they lead me to my center.  They lead me to home.

2 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

Perfect! In due time. But in the meantime, don't let life pass you by. We are never getting this day back. Enjoy!

Tori said...

I can't imagine how stressful it is! Hang in there as best you can...and remember I'm always here if you need to vent! :) (and I promise not to pressure you to move here! hee hee!)