Monday, November 26, 2012

Labor day weekend

 I have a backlog of pictures from this year that I will try to get to when time allows.  These pictures are from Labor Day weekend.  We spent the day at mom & dad's cabin, and I can honestly say this was one of my favorite days of the entire year.  There was no hustle and bustle...just some laid back fun with family.  Good times.
 
 
 Mom and dad bought this land a long, long time ago.  It remained untouched for many years, but you can bet that my dad envisioned what you see today from the time he bought it.  It took many years to come to fruition - with the pond, the cabin, the pole barn, deer stand (and still things yet to come...), but I think it is an awesome example of dreams fulfilled.  It is also a good lesson for those not in a position to fulfill all their dreams just yet that good things do come to those who wait (and work hard and plan ahead)!
 
 
 The cabin and pole barn
 
 
 Inside view of the cabin
 
 







 Lily caught a teeny, tiny little frog - like father, like daughter.
 
 
 Roasting marshmallows over the fire pit
 
 
 Our big boy getting the hang of it
 
 
 That is one happy guy on his tractor, in his element.  (His shirt says, "TGIF - Thank God I'm Frank", by the way.)
 
 
 Tractor ride!
 
 






 Someday, little man....  Dream big!
 
 



3 comments:

Kellys said...

I remember camping there in high school. It's changed!

Aunt Angela said...

Sad I missed this weekend :(

Tori said...

Love these pictures! How do you all fit inside that cabin though?? Are there hidden bedrooms?