Monday, October 29, 2012

Hair and more hair

 Lily decided at the beginning of this school year that bows are baby-ish.  This forced me to look at some new ways to style hair and led to a new hobby for me.
 
 


 The hair bow
 
 


 Curly swirls
 
 


 Double side braids
 
 
 Twisted rope braids
 
 


 One of my favorites
 
 


 The ballerina bun.  This one was harder to do than one would think.
 
 
 Fishbone braid
 
 


 More rope braids in a different way
 
 
 Hippy hair
 
 
 I like this one too.
 
 




 So super-easy (and she let me put a bow in!)
 
 
Poofy rock star hair
 
Thanks Lily for letting me play.  She is such a great sport, and she had fun checking out all the finished results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you please come and do Ariyonna's hair every morning around 6:45? Heck, I can even come to your house and bring breakfast! These are amazing!! - Janie

Kathleen said...

Janie, I'd be more than happy to. I think Lily gets annoyed with me sometimes. She often tells me "Just do a simple ponytail - nothing else". But when I do something unique, she seems to like the end result, so I just do it every once in a while. I'd love more practice!

Aunt Angela said...

You have no idea how much this brought me back to our childhood. If only you could have blogged about it back then...

Tori said...

I'm jealous of your hair skills and well, frankly I'm jealous of all the hair too! ;) Sophia so badly wants a pony tail but the poor kiddo just doesn't grow much hair, and when it does grow it just curls right up! Truthfully I'm a little thankful because I'm a terrible braider, styler, and pony tail-er!