Monday, September 10, 2012

Look who's going to school (soon)!







Emmy's ready too!
 
William will start school (two mornings per week) in October right after his 3rd birthday.  We are so excited for this next step for him.  The Open House was great, and William loved playing with the trains and dinosaurs (no surprise there).
 
 
I haven't been great about keeping up with the blog with so much going on right now.  This fall will be one of our busiest times ever so I apologize in advance.  But, I have to take a moment to show some love to my little guy.  He has the sweetest disposition, and with his increasing language skills, we get more and more insight into his thoughts and personality.  Some of William's recent comments to me include, "I'm so proud of you", "I love your hair" (after I had gotten my hair cut), and "You're my best friend".  What a charmer!  When he wakes up in the morning, the first thing he does every morning is go through each member of the family and ask where they are.  When Carl comes home from work, he always exclaims, "I missed you too daddy!" (before Carl even gets a chance to say anything).  When Lily asks him to do something, he responds, "Aye, aye captain".  He has also started saying that he "had so much fun" after a day out.  He has recently gotten into dinosaurs and can name several dinosaurs.  As we were leaving the preschool, he said, "Bye, bye.  See you later, Stegosaurus".  As we go out to parks and various places around town, he has also really started interacting with other kids.  He does a great job joining in play and seems to play well with his peers.  I'm excited for him to be able to make some friendships on his own while at school.  I really could go on and on about this little guy.  For now, we are looking forward to his THIRD(!) birthday next month and celebrating with all things William!

1 comment:

Aunt Angela said...

He's such a sweetheart. And I can't wait to celebrate his 3rd birthday as well. I'm so excited about his gift!