Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter morning

Those of you on Facebook know that we had a little mishap Saturday night before Easter. After shopping all afternoon with c-r-a-z-y crowds, I returned home very satisfied with my shopping expedition. I think it was about 40 minutes after Lily went to bed that I decided it was safe to bring out the baskets and get them filled. I will admit that Carl questioned whether or not it was too soon. I laughed off his wariness (as I often do), only to have Lily come down the stairs 10 minutes into filling the baskets when I was elbow-deep in the candy and toys. Needless to say, I was stunned. Carl and I both talked to Lily in her room before she went back to sleep and thought maybe she didn't get it. After all, she was half-asleep, and Carl suggested that I was getting things together for some presents for her cousins. Lily seemed satisfied and went to sleep. In the morning, she was super-excited and thoroughly enjoyed the baskets and the egg hunt as usual. Whew - disaster averted! Then Wednesday night, out of nowhere, comes, "I know who the Easter Bunny is. It's my parents." Great. I responded with, "Funny, I don't feel like an Easter Bunny" which Lily received with a glance that only a Deetz could give that clearly indicated the game is over.

Admiring the loot

Lily is an expert egg hunter.

William found his fair share too....

And quickly ate the contents. That's our William!

No comments: