Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tidbits

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately so I'm sorry for the lack updates (and sorry if I have not returned your e-mail, phone call, etc - it's not that I don't care!) I will post some pictures some day, but I have to focus on other things right now (namely things that result in a paycheck). But I did have to mention a few random things.

1. We started Emilia on solids. She did not take to the rice cereal at all. This is the first time that we have had a child not like baby food. Beyond cereal, we tried bananas (for a couple days now). She was not at all interested when I gave it to her but took it from my mom just fine. Interesting. We are going to try avocados and sweet potatoes in the next few days. In other news, Emilia has rolled over, can grab things deliberately, is jabbering constantly, sleeping beautifully and is about the happiest baby ever.

2. Lily has been her usual self. On Dr. Seuss' birthday, Lily brought one of his books to William and said, "I'm going to read this one to you. It's a legend." Yesterday she told William that she "schooled" him. When I asked her where she heard that expression, she replied, "You don't need to know". Alrighty then. Lily is very into the presidents and wants to be the first female president. In our conversation on this topic tonight she said, "I don't want to promise too many things, but I did do everything without using this [her right] hand today". What more do you want in a president anyway? And while she can really work over her brother, she can also be very, very sweet toward him. Now when William gets in trouble, he immediately goes to Lily, who has her arms wide open and comforts him by saying "Did mama yell at you? It's okay." I find this to be particularly amusing because he is usually in trouble for hitting her (who no doubt instigated the situation). When Lily went to the library at school today, she picked out a Thomas the Train book for William and then read it to him on the front step right when she got home....about the sweetest thing ever. I just love seeing them being sweet to one another. And it helps make all the bickering tolerable.

3. Since I just updated on William, I don't have a ton of information about him. His latest thing is saying "sorry". While it is incredibly sweet, it is also sort of sad when he says it because he inevitably says it when something happens that he did not do or was unintentional, like when I bump into him because I did not see him or he falls down while running. Now, of course, we get no sorries when William chucks something directly at us, but then again, he probably isn't sorry for that. Another new "thing" with William is now when I say, "I love you" to William (many times throughout the day), he responds with, "I not love you". Ahh, the sweet rewards of motherhood.

1 comment:

Aunt Angela said...

Hahaha! I not love you. Too funny! Great post.