Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The homestead

Carl has been working late recently so we've had to amuse ourselves in the evenings without tackle time with daddy. We have been trying out some new recipes - above is zucchini sticks and sweet onion dip. William loved it! I'm obviously joking; I was definitely the only one who thought this was worth making.


A new chocolate chip recipe. No surprise that the kids were into this one, and I enjoyed it too - the dough to chocolate chip ratio was perfect to me.

William and I have had a vehicle theme going on lately so I decided to make a car wash for his vehicles. I was pretty excited that this only took me about 45 minutes to set up (during his nap time) with very minimal cost ($6)...that was until he played with it for about 5 minutes. Good news is that Lily thought it was pretty cool. Maybe William was too young to understand the concept?? Oh well. Back to the drawing board we go.

Today was Emilia's first time in the swing. This is a classic "Emilia face" that prompts Carl to reassure her, "Not concerning" every time.

She likes it! This is becoming a very common expression for Emilia as well. She likes to show a little tongue with her smile. Adorbs.

No comments: