Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A boo-tiful halloween

Lily was so excited Halloween. And who could blame her? With Halloween parades, parties and trick-or-treating, it is a kid's dream come true. I packed her a special spooky lunch with jack o'lantern peanut butter sandwich, ghost and pumpkin-shaped cheese, witch's brooms, and mummy juice box.

They had a parade at Lily's school with the younger grades marching in the parade and the older kids cheering them on.



I volunteered to bring in some snacks for the party. This is the vegetable platter with hummus.

These "pumpkin" rolls were a big hit with the adults. They are super easy to make - just cream cheese mixed with dry ranch dressing, spread over a sun-dried tomato tortilla shell, topped with chopped ham and shredded cheddar cheese - roll and slice.

I also made some witch's brooms for the kids in Lily's class.

One healthy class - these kids attacked the veggie platter!

Trick-or-treating at mom & dad's house: Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit.

Lily even talked me into being the Queen of Hearts!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Well I just love all of this...and yes I will add some new ideas to my repertoire as well! LOVE that you decided to be the Queen of Hearts as well, Charlie actually asked me if you were going to be part of the theme as well and I told him I wasn't sure so way to go!!

Aunt Angela said...

I love that you dressed up too! Way to go on the Halloween lunch!