Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My kiddos

Lily and William dancing at the bus stop this morning.

Yesterday morning, watching some cartoons before school
I had my weekly appointment today for Kiddo #3 (we are now just under 37 weeks), and things are looking surprisingly good. My blood pressure is holding stable, and all tests are coming back within normal limits except for the Strep B test which did come back positive. Apparently about 1/3 of pregnant women test positive for Step B, and it's not a huge deal. We will try to get in 4 hours worth of antibiotics administered through an IV before I deliver, if possible. If labor & delivery go quickly, and I can't get in the 4 hours, it still should not pose any real danger to the baby.
My doctor seemed very happy with the moves my body is making toward delivery. I'm almost 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced with a soft cervix. All very good signs. Unfortunately, what I think this means is that the ultrasound is going to show a normal-sized baby, and since I'm not having any real issues and my body is naturally moving in the direction of labor, no induction is in my future. It's not that I'm anxious to have the baby right away; my nagging problem is that I think I am going to go into labor sometime immediately before my class begins. If I had to place a bet on a date right now, I'd say Monday, the 17th, making it impossible to be at my Wednesday class. Carl is betting on Monday, the 10th. I think he thinks this because it would be the most inconvenient time in terms of his schedule, as he is on a tough rotation to rearrange that week. Is it weird that we both think the baby will come when it will pose the greatest amount of work-shuffling for each of us? The ideal time would probably be Friday, the 14th. (Truly it would be Saturday, the 15th but knowing a little bit more about the ins & outs of hospitals, you are not exactly getting the best hospital staff during the weekend.) So, that's where we stand right now. Only time will tell, and it is going to be great and wonderful and perfect no matter when she comes!

2 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

Ok, I would like you to go into labor on Friday, October 14th in the afternoon, so I can be there for the birth and get to spend the weekend with that little baby! So make it happen, do some jumping jacks or something.

Kathleen said...

Ang, I would love to make that happen for you. It is so crazy to think that we are in THE month, and we are now counting down days!!