Tuesday, February 22, 2011

William Oscar

Oh William. I don't know if it is because William is the second child, or I'm older, or William is just...busier, but keeping up with this child is just exhausting. In the time that it took me to answer the phone this morning, William dumped out the entire box of cornflakes in the pantry. We have tried to move things to a higher shelf, but he is so tall, that he can reach 3 of the shelves, and we need to use them. He can also open doors, so shutting the door is just a temporary deterrent. We really never used a lot of baby-proofing things with Lily, but I may just have to give in when it comes to William. His destructive ways made me think that maybe I need to offer more structured activities for him. So, I tried a few today. However, with a five minute attention span, the activities were short-lived. I'll keep trying to find constructive ways for him to channel his energy, and in the meantime, just thank my lucky stars that I still have 2 nap times to recharge.


Condoned messiness with shaving cream? Okay!


Big sister gets in on the action. And, yes, William did try to taste the shaving cream. This is one of those things that I think is best learned by doing. He only tasted it once and clearly was not impressed. Although, honestly I wondered if he would like it since he seems to be SO fond of dog food.


Later we tried playdough. In this picture, he had already been watching big sister for a while and so was trying to use the animal cut-out with the playdough.


By far, William's favorite activity was the mini-sensory table that I made for him. We used a tub with dry pinto beans, a couple containers and a shovel. He was super-excited about it.


Mischievous and cute


1 comment:

Tori said...

If only we lived closer!!! :)