Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve Eve

On Thursday, the 23rd, my parents came over for an early dinner and present-opening. We had some delicious (if I do say so myself) pork tenderloin and some mighty tasty homemade mac and cheese (with hidden squash and cauliflower). We then listened to my dad's favorite Christmas song by John Lennon while opening gifts. It just doesn't get any better than that!


Dad with one of our favorite gifts, our little William


Vroom, vroom!


Lily opening her very special teapot set from Grandma and Papa. You may notice a couple of things in this picture. One, Lily is wearing a summer dress. For some reason, Lily enjoys changing (usually multiple times in a day) and typically ends up with summer wear on at some point. As long as we are not going out, I figure there is no harm in it, aside from the extra laundry I have to do. Two, my hand is submerged in cold water in this picture. Being the clever girl that I am, I grabbed the handle of the skillet after I took it out of the oven. Genius, I tell you.


This picture could not have been placed any better - Lily truly does personify "joy" to me.

No comments: