Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve!!

We are so excited to be spending the entire day together at home, as a family. That's right folks, Carl's off, and we are loving it! The plans for the day include tea parties, baking, reading, playing board games and card games, romping around in the freshly fallen snow, eating yummy homemade soup and having a Christmas movie marathon. This is what the holidays are all about - enjoying and appreciating time with the ones you love. I live for these days.

Lily and I had a tea party already this morning. I learned that she has 100 children (which she thought I would think is silly. Pish, posh - the more, the merrier!) I asked her how she takes care of all of them, and she said, "Here and there. It all seems to work out". Then she said that they go to school in the afternoons while she goes to work. When I asked her where she works, she informed me that she works at the Weather Channel. She said, "Sometimes we get it wrong though. Like on Saturday, I said that it was going to be sunny all day, but there was actually a little rain in the afternoon". Then she gave a little chuckle with an "Oh..."

Yesterday we had a mini Christmas celebration with my parents at our house. Both kids love when Grandma and Papa come over, especially when presents are involved! ;) This was the first time that William actually unwrapped a gift all by himself (which makes me all the more excited for tomorrow morning). But William really stunned the crowd when he picked up the wrapping paper, walked from the family room through the kitchen, opened up the cabinet under the sink, threw the wrapping paper in the trash can, shut the cabinet door, and walked back through the kitchen into the family room to play with his new truck. I guess William appreciates a tidy house!!

3 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

Missing you all big time. I love you all. Merry Christmas!

Kathleen said...

We miss you too, Ang!! I'm really looking forward to when we can all be together again.

Tori said...

Okay, that's just hilarious...both those kids crack me up! Yay for staying at home with hubby and for movie marathons! Merry Christmas!