Monday, November 15, 2010

The cake and presents

Lily and her friends check out the birthday cake

The year's cake was based on the sock hop theme and modeled after Lily's outfit for the party. I just kind of felt my way with this one. Just to make sure we had enough cake, I added some cupcakes with milk chocolate "records" around the doll cake. It was time-consuming but fun.


My girl with her cake.


Singing happy birthday


Make a wish my sweet girl; may all your dreams come true.


Opening presents


Lily's friends were all so sweet, all wanting to give their special gift to her...what a great group of kids.

1 comment:

Carolyn Zook said...

Wow - do you know how to throw a party! That looks absolutely wonderful! I'm sure you all had a good time and making memories Lily will cherish for years to come.