Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

On Saturday night, we got to see Beauty and the Beast at the Muny. This is the first time that Lily has been to the Muny, mainly because the shows do not start until after 8:00 pm. The Muny is the oldest and largest outdoor theater in the country. I was an usher there when I was in high school, and Suzanne worked in concessions when she was in high school. My parents now have season tickets (with rockin' seats). Obviously, we are big fans of the Muny. If you come to St. Louis, and don't see a show at the Muny, you've really missed out on one of the most amazing places in the city. I am so glad that my parents took us to many theater productions when we were young and instilled in us an appreciation for this art form. I was so happy to be able to share this experience with Lily and hope to create many more memories with her there in years to come.


Pre-show excitement

Unfortunately, the late start time was just too much for Lily. She fell sound asleep shortly after the intermission. This is not surprising since she is asleep by 7:30 on most nights, but I was hoping she would be able to see Belle in her "yellow dress". (She really wanted to see the yellow dress.) Maybe next time!

No comments: