Monday, May 31, 2010

Time for some r & r

It is so nice that it is Monday night, and we are still in weekend mode. Yay for three-day weekends! On Saturday, Lily and Carl enjoyed a day together, running errands in the morning and then going to Shrek in the afternoon. Unfortunately, Lily found one of the previews to be sad (an alien baby was shot out into space without its mother or father), and then she was sad when Shrek could not be with his family. Lily can be quite a sensitive girl especially when it comes to babies/families (human or otherwise). One day, I was looking at our wedding album and left it on the couch. I came into the room a little while later, and Lily was sitting so quietly with tears streaming down her face. I asked her what was wrong, and she responded that she really wanted to be at our wedding. It was so sad and so sweet.

Later on Saturday we enjoyed dinner on the patio together. This summer we decided to grow some herbs, peppers and tomatoes. We used the basil for the first time in my favorite pasta salad on Saturday. It was so nice to just walk out onto the deck, pick the basil, and then use it immediately, especially since half the time when we buy fresh basil, it goes bad before we get around to using it. I'm really enjoying this set up and planned dinners this week that use the dill and cilantro. I can't wait! It all just feels so summer-y, and we are all ready for summer-y!

Our little container garden

Lily's pasta salad review: "The pasta is delicious, and the beans are scrumptious. The cheese is good too. Yum!"

We spent Sunday out at my mom and dad's. Lily, William, Carl, mom, and I all enjoyed some fun in the pool before we met up with dad for some yummy bbq. Going to mom and dad's house is seriously better than going to a spa. There is just something about being with your parents. You can relax knowing that everything is taken care of, and relax we did!

Today, we stuck close to home and enjoyed more outdoor time. As you can see from the pictures below, all the kids love to spend time in the backyard.


Lily dragging a sackful of water to her playhouse.


Terra enjoying "her" pool (so she thinks).


William being his sweet, smiley self - enjoying watching all the action.

2 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

That sweet little boy. I just missed my babies!

Aunt Angela said...

Oops I meant miss my babies.