Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Hungry, hungry hippo

Not surprisingly, William readily accepted solid food. He has had rice cereal and bananas so far with no problems. I try to read his cues and follow his lead when it comes to food. So, some days we do not do solids at all. Other days, I have to supplement with 2 bottles and 2 servings of food. I'm not concerned with schedule so much as just giving him what I think he needs when he needs it. We will probably continue like this for a while. I'm not planning on introducing him to a wide variety of foods right away either. I know that he is getting his nutritional needs met through the breastmilk and formula. The food is just to add some substance to his diet since he seems absolutely insatiable on some days. I am just amazed at how much he can eat sometimes! He is growing so much, and I'm afraid that he is going to grow right out of his 3-6 clothes before he hits 5 months! What can you do?

Lily LOVES feeding William and insisted on feeding him his first few bites. It is pretty amusing to watch the two of them interacting during his feedings. Lily jabbers on and on while moving her arms about (in true Italian style) while William is tracking the spoon, desperately trying to get some of the food into his mouth. Poor little William. Then Lily reports to me that William gets his food everywhere. Curious...

And so we have reached another milestone with William. For some reason, it seems so much less dramatic than it was with Lily. There was no big production. We just made the decision to do it and then moved on. I suppose that is just how it is with the second child. At this rate, I guess that Terra's on deck for feeding the next child!

1 comment:

Tori said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Leo has blown past 3-6 months clothes and will probably be in 12-18 months by the time we get to April!

Growing boys rule! :)