Monday, February 01, 2010

Ice skating adventures

We had another great weekend, this time with Carl's dad. William got to meet his Grandpa Deetz for the first time, and Lily got to play in the snow-covered backyard, take a trip to the park and play with Grandpa at home. She had so much fun and asked first thing each morning, "Is daddy's dad still here?" Below are the pictures from Lily's first ice skating adventure. It is a good thing that Aunt Ingrid and Grandpa were here because they are definitely stronger skaters than Carl or I! They took Lily around the rink many times, and then in true Lily fashion, she wanted to do it on her own. I was absolutely floored that in just over an hour, she could skate on her own. Below are some pictures from our fun-filled afternoon.

Getting a little help from Aunt Ingrid and Grandpa


Aunt Ingrid and Lily goofing around while the Zamboni cleared the ice


Hi dad! Here she is on her own!


And away she goes!


2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Great pics! I love the one of her skating away!

I just posted some on my blog as well.

Tori said...

So fun! That last picture brought a little tear to my eye! It is both happy and sad to see them grow up!