Monday, November 23, 2009

A good weekend

With two children now, I feel like Carl and I tag team like never before. At night, Carl and I take shifts with William which has been working out beautifully. This ensures that we each get some uninterrupted sleep and keeps us sane. Although, I have to say that William has been pretty easy on us so far, only waking up every 3-4 hours on most nights, and he quickly goes back to sleep after his changing/feeding (without rocking which is different from Lily). On weekend days, the main objective is to keep Lily busy. On Saturday, Lily and I went to Borders for a reading of the Polar Express (and some coloring) while Carl and William chilled together at home.




Later that day, we all went to my cousin's daughter's birthday party. Happy first birthday to Sammy! We were not able to stay for long because we had weekend playgroup that night at Chuck E Cheese's where Lily played her little heart out with her friends.








William taking in the sights at Chuck E Cheese's

On Sunday, Carl took Lily out for one of their neighborhood adventures. They went to the lake and to the playground, and Lily just couldn't wait to tell me all the wild stories about their time together when she got home. This adventure time with daddy afforded me some snuggle time with my little William. So all in all, it was a successful weekend in which Carl and I both got to spend quality time with each child and as a family. Now if we could just fit in some time as a couple....

No comments: