Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Day of Thanks

As always, we have so many reasons for which to be thankful. And, as always, our family and friends top the list. Because of our newest little one, we are not traveling for the holidays this year, but we are always thankful for those near and far. This year we spent Thanksgiving with my mom and dad and my brother and his family. Mom and dad made a fantastic dinner that we all enjoyed a bit too much, but that's what the holidays are for, right? I have to admit that it was nice to travel for a grand total of one hour to be with family for the Thanksgiving holiday - a vast change from years past. Have I mentioned that I'm thankful to be back in St. Louis? Oh yeah!


Lily is thankful to be closer to family too, especially her cousins (pictured with Abby above)

The (cooking) show must go on...holidays or not!


So happy


William is thankful for so many loving arms


William being held by Uncle Jeff and cousin Courtney...


...and Aunt Susie


And what would a family gathering be without a few rounds of Euchre? Good thing that I married a German boy that grew up playing the game as well!


2 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

So bummed I missed out. Looks like you all had a blast. Love you!

Carolyn Zook said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Happy Thanksgiving from the 'Burgh!