Friday, October 09, 2009

Update

Today we had a very long doctor's appointment thanks to baby monitoring, internal examining and having bloodwork done. The baby still looks very good. I forgot to mention that at my last appointment I was actually dilated 2 cm and had a very soft cervix. It just amazes me that my body seems to be doing some work toward delivery as this certainly was not the case with Lily, even past her due date. My blood pressure was similar to last time (140/70). This, combined with other test results, seems to indicate that we are probably dealing with high blood pressure alone rather than preeclampsia. Still, my doctor wants to be cautious. So we are talking about inducing before 39 weeks (which is fine by me)! My next appointment is Tuesday, the 13th. As the doc said, he may tell me to go downstairs that day, depending upon the results of the exam. Otherwise, we are talking about inducing on Thursday (6 days from today!) or maybe Sunday the 18th. I really wanted the 16th so that Lily's birthday would be November 16th and the baby's would be October 16th, but my doctor is going to be out of town from the 16th to early morning on the 18th. Any later than the 18th would be getting a bit close to Angela's wedding so we are trying to avoid the 19th - 23rd if possible. Even though it is after the beginning of the 39th week, I also really wouldn't mind waiting to Saturday the 24th (the day after Angela's wedding) because it would be fun to have everyone in town for the big event. So unless by some twist of fate the baby decides to come on his own, I think we are looking at the following dates: 15th, 18th, or 24th.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Aaaaaaaaaah! Just think...you now have a date when you know your baby will be born...such a comforting thought! I know you don't exactly have it pinned down, but this is all good progress! Plus, it might be better to have him before the wedding because then you'll have everyone in town to help you take care of him, feed him, clothe him, cook for you, etc.! That's much better than just visiting you at the hospital! Can't wait to hear about the big day!!!

Carolyn Zook said...

Very exciting, Kathleen! I can't believe the big day is almost here!