Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Nesting

I have definitely entered the nesting phase of pregnancy and have been checking little things off my list left and right. I even made Lily's 4-year-old check-up appointment today because I'm worried that I will be too much of a scatterbrain after the baby arrives. I've already registered on-line at our hospital and am currently getting the paperwork to have our cord blood donated. Everything is ready to go. Carseat and the pack-and-play are ready to go (just waiting a bit longer to set them up). I know that it is still early, but I don't want to be caught unprepared.

I've made an addition to the blog as well. Under "Blog Watch" to the right is "Baby Links". The "Hospital Photos" link goes to the newborn photos section at our hospital's website. This will be the place to go to see the first pictures of Baby Boy Deetz. They seem to post the pictures of the babies by the evening of the day after they are born (e.g. if the baby is born on the 24th, pictures should be posted by the evening of the 25th).

With only 13 possible names after our baby name clues game, family and friends have started placing bets on the baby's name as well. I have to say, this has been a lot of fun. And, I think I'm just as excited to reveal the name as others are to know it! For those who haven't put the clues together to narrow it down, the 13 possibilities are:

Michael
William
Christopher
Matthew
Christian
Benjamin
Nicholas
Brandon
Brayden
Cameron
Charles
Nathaniel
Dominic

Just as a side note, all these names were not being considered - it's just the list that resulted from the clues. My sisters have bet on Nathaniel, my brother-in-law Tim thinks that it is Brayden, my mom has claimed Charles and my dad thinks that it is Cameron. Ingrid had 3 names picked out last time we talked. I'm not sure if I ever saw what my sister-in-law Susie and niece Courtney picked, but I love to see what everyone thinks!

9 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

Dominic or Nicholas. What do I win? :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for Dominic,too! Great name!

Ingrid said...

Ryan and I are holding strong with William, but I think there's a slight possibility of Charles or Benjamin.

Tori said...

This is tough...I'm thinking Benjamin, although Charles is a great name! ;) It's tough when I just don't have a complete family name history for the two of you, but my vote is for those two! I love the nesting phase by the way, Charlie, however, not so much. He thinks I'm spending too much money and stocking up on too much toilet paper and paper towels! I'm just afraid I'll never leave the house again! LOL!

Kellys said...

I'm going with William. Could you come over to my house and nest? We haven't really done anything to prepare for our new arrival.

Anonymous said...

I think I have it narrowed down to four.

I agree with Molly and William is at the top of my picks.

My other four picks are Michael, Benjamin, Cameron, or Brayden.

However, I second guess myself because I thought one of your clues was that it wasn't a last name/first name turn around name. That takes out Michael - you have George Michael and Cameron - Kurt Cameron.

Which leaves me with three choices - William, Benjamin, or Brayden.

This was fun! I hope you have another kid soon so we can play again! :)

- Janie

Kelly Mock said...

I am biased...but I think Charles is a great name :)

Anonymous said...

Benji Deetz? Oh, I hope that's not it.

Grandma Meyer said...

Well Kathleen I had picked Charles but now I see that is what your friend has named her baby, so I now think that is out. I know it won't be Nicholas because that is Jeff's sons name. Now I have to think about this again.