Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh boy!

The latest in babyland is this...

I failed the 1-hour glucose test by a small margin. I was really disappointed by this because when I did this test while pregnant with Lily, three nurses were standing around and actually passed my results around, and each one commented how well I did. One of them even told me to go eat a candy bar! Luckily, I passed the 3-hour test. So, we have avoided unpleasant diets, insulin shots, and any other yuckiness associated with gestational diabetes.

All else seems to be going well. I'm having some indigestion/acid reflux, but nothing that a couple of Tums can't handle. I also get swollen legs/ankles/feet if I sit or stand too long but completely normal stuff for this stage in the game. I feel too big for this point in the pregnancy, but I think that my weight gain is pretty much on par with my pregnancy with Lily. I honestly haven't kept track like I did with hers. I'm not uncomfortable and still sleeping really well; I just feel like a "brick house" (you know, as in "mighty, mighty").

When it comes to baby names, we are leaning toward the second name under consideration, but we're not 100% yet. We do know that it will definitely be one of the two names. So, I thought I would post clues for the second name (under consideration, not the middle name) that will catch us up to the clues given for the first name.

Week 20 clue: The new name still does not start "L".
Week 21 clue: This name DOES lend itself to nicknames (although we probably would not use any the nicknames associated with this name).
Week 22 clue: The name DOES NOT start with A, E, F, J, K, or S.
Week 23 clue: The new name IS a family name. This is the #1 factor for pushing this name ahead of the first one right now. Carl and I both like traditional names and like using family names.
Week 24 clue: This name is not a last-name-turned-first-name either.
Week 25 clue: This name has the same or more letters than Lillian.

More to come in upcoming weeks!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Oh gracious...I am so glad you passed the three hour test. Think about how worried you'd be about your blood pressure if you had to give up ice cream too! We all need something to help us cope, dammit! I'm glad it doesn't have to come to that!

Kellys said...

I am so happy you don't have gestational diabetes. Bring on the Ted Drewes!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Did you purposefully choose a name that had complete opposite clues as the first?! You did it on purpose, I am sure of it.