Tuesday, August 25, 2009

31-week doctor's appointment

Today's appointment was all good things. Blood pressure looks great at 126/68! Heartbeat is good; measurements are good. I also inquired about the exact results of the 3-hour glucose test, and it was "better than good....just perfect....exactly where we would want it to be" as the nurse said. I was in the lower-mid range for all 4 readings. I was really happy about that. I guess the first test was just a fluke. It was a short and sweet appointment, as usual for this point in the pregnancy. I've actually started bringing Lily with me to my appointments because they are so short, and she does a great job. Today she pretended to be the doctor before my doctor came into the room, and then she assisted him once he arrived. The entire office is great about involving her whenever she comes with me. The doctor asked Lily where he should look for the heartbeat by pointing to different places on my stomach, and Lily told him to check on the far right side. Sure enough, she was right on, and the doctor thanked her for saving him some time searching for it. :)

And so it is time for one last baby name clue. The clue is that the name was in the top 100 names for 2008 according to the social security administration.* Although this initially may not seem like much of a clue, taken together with the previous clues, this narrows the possibilities to about 13 (in my quick estimation). And because I'm not willing to narrow it down any further, no more clues will be given. And, no, I will not tell anyone if they guess the name correctly or incorrectly. You'll just have to wait for the big day for the final answer!

*I'm not sure why I can't link this to the top 100 names for 2008 on the SSA website, but if you go to the bottom of their page, you can change the popularity from "Top 20" to "Top 100" and then hit "Go".

5 comments:

Aunt Angela said...

OMG!!! That is sooo crazy! I am browsing through a list and one is my nephew's name. I am betting on Jesus.

Aunt Angela said...

Ok, seriously after reviewing the options. My money is on Nathaniel.

Kathleen said...

Ang, Jesus was on the short list but didn't quite make the cut. Carl really was pushing for a "G, O" combination of names though so that his initials would be GOD. Only Carl.

Ingrid said...

My top 3 picks are all on the list so no help to me! I'm still leaning towards one in particular....

Tori said...

My money would have been on Jesus too, but it doesn't have the same or more letters than Lillian. Damn you and your stupid clues! I'm not sure what it is...but it is tempting to look!