Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nursery pictures

We have finished the nursery for all practical purposes. We are still planning on getting a new mobile for the crib, a new changing pad cover, and probably a new ceiling fan, but otherwise, we are finished. We've had the room together for a couple of weeks now, but I'm just getting around to posting the pics. Since we have two unoccupied bedrooms, we had the movers set up the nursery from the time we moved in. And, because the room is so similar to Lily's nursery in Baltimore, it was really easy to configure the furniture. So, we essentially only had to paint and add some new decorations!

The theme of the room is "the seashore". We wanted the walls to be a sand-like color and decorate with light blue and white for a beachy feel. The bedding has little seahorses on it, and we found two pictures that I really love to coordinate with the bedding design.


All the furniture is from Lily's nursery, as is the lamp, the wipes holder, the CD player, and Terra's picture. We just added some nautical items to continue the theme of the room this time.


This "Family" collage we also had in Lily's room, but we never got a picture of my dad as a baby until now! Baby pictures (from upper left, going across): my mom, me, Carl's mom; (second row): my dad, Carl, Carl's dad.


One of the features that I love about this room is that it has two entrances. The door on the left is the main access to the room, and the doorway that Terra is standing in leads directly to our bedroom. This makes middle-of-the-night trips to the nursery all the more convenient (assuming we can get this one to sleep in the crib!) :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's absolutely adorable! I just can't wait until the baby actually is in the nursery...

Tori said...

Sophia really enjoyed that room so I'm sure it will be a big hit with Baby as well!

Carolyn Zook said...

It's a beautiful room! I love the Family picture - very unique and sweet!