Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lily's first dance recital!

On Saturday, Lily had her first dance recital. It was a great production, including all the dancers in the school from Lily's "tykes" class all the way to the teens doing some pretty incredible numbers. I really didn't expect to be so emotional, and I did fine at the Dress Rehersal. But, I was the weepy proud mama at the dance recital. Lily did a great job and amused the crowd with her frequent waving and bowing.

Lily in her dancing get-up. (Thanks to Papa who sewed the sleeves on the costume.)

Lily's class at the dress rehersal. Lily is in the very center. She is not really short for her age; she is just the youngest in her class. In fact, she is probably one of the youngest in the school.


Family shot on the night of the dance recital


Family shot #2


Lily's adoring fans: my mom, me & Angela


More adoring fans: Carl's mom, Carl & Ingrid



3 comments:

Tori said...

Seriously adorable. I can see how you'd get weepy just looking at that line of little pink tutus! I'm sure she was a star!

Carolyn Zook said...

Very adorable! You must be very proud of your little pink dancer!!

Aunt Angela said...

She was sooooo cute! I loved it and am not surprised you were weepy (so was I).