Monday, April 13, 2009

Some details

Today is exactly 2 months from the day we found out that we were pregnant. I think Carl would agree that the news was the best Valentine's Day present we could have asked for! We are 12 weeks along and due October 27th. For those keeping track, you may remember that my sister's wedding is October 23rd. So, we are very anxious to see how this all plays out.

Lily is overcome with excitement. We have to read her big sister book every night before she goes to bed. She tells pretty much everyone she meets that mommy has a baby in her tummy and that she is going to be a big sister. One Saturday morning when I was unable to make it to her dance class, she announced to everyone there that mommy could not come today because she has a baby in her tummy, and it makes her sick.

Speaking of being sick, yes, I am very sick. I'm nauseous all day, but I only throw up about twice a day. It could be worse, but it could be better too. :) Working actually is a great distraction for the sickness, so I am thankful for that. With Lily, I was sick until about week 20. I'm really hoping that it ends sooner this time around. I'm not really all that tired right now, probably because I sleep about 10 hours every night.

The "big" ultrasound is scheduled for June 5th when we will find out the gender (and we will share the news with everyone). So far, I get the feeling that it's a boy, and I think Carl does too. We have so, so many girls in our families that it just seems inevitable that one of these times it has to be a boy! If it is a boy, we have a name picked out. Girls' names are always harder for us to decide on, but we'll cross that bridge when we need to. Like last time, we are not going to share the name before the baby is born (sorry mom!), but we may give some clues along the way just for fun.

We'll update with more information/details when there's more to share, but that's all for now!

5 comments:

Tori said...

I'm just so excited for all of you...it's too bad you're not due a few weeks earlier then we could have twin babies born on the same day! ;)

Carolyn Zook said...

Hurrah! There are babies coming out our ears! So excited for you!!!

Michelle said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you all. Keep us posted!

Kelly said...

Congrats to you Kathleen!!!!

Jill said...

Yay! I saw your news on Facebook and then Tori gave me more details...I am so happy for you and Carl and Lily! :)